About Kristi Becker, Solana Beach City Councilmember
I have lived in San Diego County for 30 years ever since I began my law career at a firm in downtown San Diego. Eleven years ago, I decided to make Solana Beach my forever home because, like many of you, I love the small town beach vibe, the viewpoints, and the healthy quality of life. In my free time, I play Pickleball, workout at OrangeTheory and YogaSix, walk my dog Sunny, follow politics, and read newspapers and books (I’ve been in the same Book Club for over 19 years).
- Bachelor of Arts in Law and Society from the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis, School of Law.
- Trial Lawyer: I was a lawyer for a large, regional San Diego firm called Gray, Cary Ware & Friedenrich (now DLA Piper).
- Deputy County Counsel: I was a lawyer for the San Diego County Counsel’s office representing County employees.
- Partner in a small business: I am a partner in a family-owned commercial real estate business that owns and operates small retail shopping centers.
- LAFCO (manage growth of cities)
- Clean Energy Alliance (energy provider)
- San Elijo JPA (waste and recycled water)
- SANDAG Shoreline Preservation
- School Relations Commission
- California League of Cities
- Current Solana Beach City Councilmember: I was elected to City Council in 2018. Despite the unprecedented pandemic shutdown, we accomplished many projects.
- City Commissioner: I served on the Solana Beach Climate Action Commission in 2016-2017 where we finalized the city’s Climate Action Plan. Previously, I served on the Parks & Recreation Commission helping organize community events such as the Holiday Tree Lighting celebration and Beach Blanket Movie Night.
- Leader of a non-profit organization: In 2012, I founded and led a chapter of Teen Volunteers in Action (TVIA), a non-profit, leadership and public service organization for teenage boys, which has grown to serve over 170 local families.